Programme Manager by profession, Developer at heart !!!
Results-oriented Programme Manager, with over 20 years of experience in implementation and management of complex IT and Business Transformation initiatives. Passionate in the delivery of quality services and demonstrated ability to influence senior management decisions. History of results and progressive career growth through hands-on leadership, elimination of barriers and teamwork skills.
- MSP registered practitioner. (Registration Number: MSPR/052974)
- PRINCE 2 practitioner. (Registration Number: P2R/220948)
- Lean and DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) certified.
- Strong Stakeholder Management with ability to provide consultancy to Senior Management
- Commercially aware with an ability to translate technical jargon from engineering teams into plain English for the benefit of non-technical stakeholders and decision makers to ensure constant and timely flow of relevant information across the project.
- Experience of working and managing projects in both accelerated (Agile) as well as controlled (waterfall) development models.
- Managing multiple projects with team size of 4 to 80 team members with budgets of up to 8M GBP.
- International and domestic background in delivery of efficiency changes and transformation programmes.
- Over 10 years of Business Transformation Programme and Project Management experience in the UK spanning across Financial Services (Insurance and Banking), Aero-space, Manufacturing, Printing and FMCG sectors.
- Proven technical expertise in database technologies (MSSQL, MySQL, Talend and various BI Suites)
Role: Senior Project Manager/Programme Manager/Management Consultant, 11/2014 –Till Date
Client: HP and a leading High Street Bank, UK through IT Alliance.
- Responsible for the programme to deliver MPS (Managed Print Service - a service offering from HP) for the leading Financial Institute in UK with a global presence across all continents with key focus on EMEA, APAC and United States.
- Reporting to Programme Board, tracking day to day progress of whole programme portfolio at bank and small projects within HP.
- Matrix managed a team of 10 country project managers, 3 technical consultants, 6 technicians, 2 PMO support staff, 2 Helpdesk Operations Managers, 3 developers and 4 project support officers.
- Engaged with operational and technical stakeholders from both banking and HP to deploy printing as a service, associated process changes, embedding the Print helpdesk and implement changes with benefit tracking.
- Delivered new process within HP to benefit tracking at 84% saving with an overall reduction in effort of nearly 25 man-days each month.
- Outlined and delivered the complete PMO governance process in line with programme management best practices.
- Managed end to end delivery of the bespoke MI Solution to complement the MPS delivery and contributed in identifying process changes based on the MI gathered.
- Brought to table the technical expertise coupled with strong management which helped in delivering solutions that meet customer expectation both contractually and operationally.
Role: Senior Project Manager, 05/2014 –10/2014
Client: Unilever, UK through CloudTalent.
- Engaged to manage a vendor selection and procurement project aimed at delivering a new infrastructure, PaaS and SaaS contract for its Enterprise Compute Service current mode of operation with a view to be prepared for future mode of operation and associated transformation.
- Responsible for planning, monitoring and reporting progress of the project, stakeholder communication and engagement, weekly reports to senior stakeholders at Unilever and CloudTalent, maintaining RAID log, resourcing and managing project costs for CloudTalent.
- Managed the delivery of RFP to strict deadlines under high pressure environment (5 months project).
- Engaged stakeholders based in different geographies and managing their expectations.
- Prepared detailed weekly report slide decks and used them to drive structured weekly client and internal delivery review.
- Organised confidential RFP related activities and communication with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Managed and reported on costs and resource forecasts.
- Facilitated communication between CloudTalent and Unilever Subject Matter Experts to expedite decisions.
Role: Programme Manager, 04/2013 to 04/2014
Client: Brammer PLC, Knutsford, UK
- Engaged to set-up and manage the Trading Platform Programme aimed to unify the IT infrastructure and a Target Operating Model in line with both financial and technical strategic business goals.
- Responsible for planning and monitoring the time, cost and quality for the programme, stakeholder communication, identifying and embedding change within the organisation with minimal operational disruption, provide structured governance for organisation wide projects that impacted the programme vision, reporting programme progress to Senior Management Team and Board of Directors.
- Rolled out the new service management framework that involved migration of secondary and tertiary IT support from Manchester to the IT co-sourcing partner based in Poland while keeping the primary support in Manchester.
- Rollout of iPAD across UK, Germany and Europe as a Sales Support Tool integrated with the Microsoft Dynamics (CRM).
- Implemented Enterprise Service Bus, Master Data Management database, Transactions Database, Stock Database, abstracted layer for localised ERP systems in different countries, Brammer e-shop for European subsidiaries (Spain, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Poland and Czech)
- Initiated business transformation programme for pan-European Key Accounts operations of Brammer aiming to deliver a target operating model that supports collaborative cross border order management while maximising savings for customer as well as Brammer.
- Set-up project management internally within Brammer PLC and resource management practices with IT co-sourcing partners, mentored Junior Project Managers and PMO Manager to establish regular reporting, developed and introduced dashboard templates and Graduate Trainee on techniques involved in Business Analysis such as six sigma workshops, process mapping.
Role: Programme Manager and Senior Project Manager, 11/2011 to 04/2013
Employer: Amor Transportation Sector, Daresbury, UK
- Engaged to deliver the programme aimed to development of a new product called Chroma Human Resource Management System (CHRMS) as an addition to the existing offering of Chroma Software Suite in partnership with Manchester Airport while delivering implementation of Chroma suite at several other airports in the UK and Europe.
- Responsible for planning, monitoring and reporting the progress of programme and other implementation projects to external and internal stakeholders, optimising resource usage between programme and other projects, negotiating costs for change requests, agreeing delivery time-frame and roadmap for enhancement requests, pre-sales support.
- Managed the complete development and delivery of new modular product called Chroma Human Resource Management System (CHRMS).
- Managed business change within Transport Sector to deliver new governance and streamline culture between FS Walker-Hughes and Amor Group post the merger of two companies.
- Managed Infrastructure and Interface development projects part of the EAL Separation programme.
- Delivered AMOR's Chroma Airport Suite software across national and international airports.
- Provided responses to RFP’s for Australian, Norwegian, Dubai and American airports with two successes while others were yet to decide.
Role: Project Manager (Business Transformation and IT), 05/2008 – 09/2011
Employer: Barclays Corporate, Northwich, UK.
- Engaged to deliver business transformation and change initiatives undertaken by the Operational Excellence Team of Barclays Corporate.
- Responsible for planning, monitoring and reporting of projects, adhering to project management practice guidelines, ensure commercially realisable benefits.
- Delivered a servicing activities hand-off model that created capacity within sales realising a benefit of £350,000 in 3 months.
- Managed end to end rollout of Siebel and TotalView Workforce Management system.
- Managed the move of IT support services, phased migration from legacy to strategic VOIP solutions
- Delivered the secure email solution for communication between BARCORP and its business partners.
- Delivered business transformation project aimed at segmentation of client base following the organisation restructure
- Delivered an enhanced complaints management process framework within 6 months making the Barclays Corporate compliant to Regulatory requirements and closing over 70 audit observations.
- Conducted feasibility study with an aim to recommend product that will enable Automated KYC (Know Your Customer) and provided complete recommendation.
Role: IT Project Manager, 07/2005 – 12/2007
Client: Aviva (then Norwich Union), York and Norwich, UK through Tata Consultancy Services.
- Engaged to deliver development project, enhancement and support services to agreed cost, schedule and quality for Financial Services Applications Group within NUIT.
- Responsible for planning and governance of assigned projects, managing staff and third party service providers and vendors, identify resource requirements to feed into the business planning process and interface between Business and IT community.
- Managed an electronic funds transfer systems migration project aimed at replacing the 9 stand-alone systems through an enhanced Payment Preparation System to cater for Chaps, Inter account Transfers, International Payments and Foreign drafts.
- Managed policies migration with process to ensure phasing out of retained policies.
- Enhancements to the Payment Preparation System to transmit payments via Hexagon ABC and ensure conformance to European Payments Council Resolution of 2005 in respect of Euro cross-border payment standard (BIC & IBAN).
- Migration of old accounts from NU Cash-book to Heritage Cash-book under Swiss-Re arrangement.
- Delivered the system upgrade of finance application suite.
Role: IT Projects and Engagement Manager, 07/2004 - 07/2005
Client: GE Healthcare and Amersham Biosciences, Sweden through Tata Consultancy Services.
- Engaged to deliver the knowledge acquisition from Amersham Biosciences IT Team based in Sweden and facilitate move of IT Support Services to offshore.
- Responsible for working with client services and business partners to ensure a seamless transition, stakeholder management, resource on boarding, progress reporting, to be the escalation point, managing enhancement projects.
- Built and delivered a successful outsourcing model aimed at reducing the IT department’s 2004 operating costs by 30%.
- Created a new work-flow for production implementation teams to prioritize requests. Integrally involved with core team that improved the process to separate support from development requests
- Reduced the support team’s work-load by over 70% in two-months from the original 300+ weekly requests by introducing new workflow and collecting appropriate management information. As a result, team was able to focus more on value-added enhancements and less on recurring issues.
- Managed complex enhancement projects involving multiple technologies (JAVA, JDE, Websphere, Apache) with teams based at Sweden, UK, India and US.
Role: Project Leader, ESS-Ultimatix, 09/2003 - 07/2004
Client: Tata Consultancy Services. Support Groups, Mumbai, India
- Project documentation, quality assurance, impact analysis, resource planning related to Change Request and enhancements.
- Server Administration, Database design and maintenance.
Role: Developer/Module Leader, SmartGov, 04/2001 – 09/2003
Client: Government of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, India through Tata Consultancy Services.